TRUMBAUER SECONDARY THEATRE FESTIVAL
The Walter Trumbauer Festival has provided quality training and performance opportunities for Alabama theatre students at the secondary level since 1940. The educational impact of this event is substantial. The festival consists of 30 individual events, a one act play festival, a studio theatre one act play festival—all for 9th through 12th grades, as well as scholarship auditions and college screening for high school seniors and junior college students. Students qualify for the state competition by earning a rating of “superior” at one of seven district festivals. At all levels of competition, students receive critiques from qualified teachers, professionals and theatre practitioners, allowing them to improve their theatrical skills. The state festival kicks off with the scholarship audition session on Thursday evening. High school seniors and junior college students compete for four $1000 ACT Scholarships. Friday and Saturday events culminate in an Awards Ceremony where trophies, plaques, medals, and other awards are presented to recognize outstanding work in technical categories and performance areas. Two one act productions are chosen to represent Alabama at the Southeastern Theatre Conference in the spring.
VIRTUAL TRUMBAUER 2020 REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
- This is a working document, subject to change
SEPTEMBER 15: Registration Opens
LOG IN DIRECTIONS
- Go to https://trumbauer.knack.com/trumbauer
- For the first log in, use your e-mail address and password “123”. Once you log in, you will be be able to change your password to something more secure.
- If you are unable to log in or if you are connected with the wrong school, contact the festival director ASAP.
- You MUST use VALID E-MAIL addresses when entering students, parents, and judges. When you add them into the system, it sends an automatic e-mail to that address with directions of how to access their account and complete their membership information and waivers.
- Enter your students, parents, and judges ASAP. They will receive an e-mail and have to verify their membership information and sign waivers before they can be entered into events or assigned to judge events. They will not show up on your Registration Summary or Invoice until they complete their information and waivers.
- The old paper membership form is integrated in this system and 100% digital. You do not have to get students or chaperones to fill out a paper copy.
- If you entered judges into the Google Form that Carl originally sent out, please RE-ENTER them into this system so they will be linked to your school. We got some great recommendations that we can use, and thank you, but failed to get referral information so don’t know who to connect them to.
- The Video upload system is not quite ready yet. We will send you information with directions when it is ready to go!
NOVEMBER 6: State registration closes online. No refunds given after registration confirmed.
NOVEMBER 14: All Payments are Due.
DECEMBER 5: Trumbauer goes LIVE to all ACT members
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES (This is a working document, subject to change)
2020 FESTIVAL PERSONNEL
SECONDARY FESTIVAL DIRECTOR
SECONDARY STATE CHAIR
- Meghan Phelps
SECONDARY VICE PRESIDENT
- Carl Dean
District 1: Chair Chris Carter Email: email@example.com
District 2: Chair Megan Garner, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
District 3: Chair Wayne Cook Email: email@example.com
District 4: Chair Revel Gholston, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
District 5: Chair Cheryl Raley, Email: email@example.com
District 6: Chair Jesse Tilton, Email: TILTONJ@mtnbrook.k12.al.us
District 7: Chair Cody Hays, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org