TRUMBAUER HIGH SCHOOL THEATRE FESTIVAL
The Walter Trumbauer Festival has provided quality training and performance opportunities for Alabama theatre students at the high school level since 1940. The educational impact of this event is substantial. The festival consists of 30 individual events, a one act play festival, a studio theatre one act play festival—all for 9th through 12th grades, as well as scholarship auditions and college screening for high school seniors and junior college students. Students qualify for the state competition by earning a rating of “superior” at one of seven district festivals. At all levels of competition, students receive critiques from qualified teachers, professionals and theatre practitioners, allowing them to improve their theatrical skills. The state festival kicks off with the scholarship audition session on Thursday evening. High school seniors and junior college students compete for four $1000 ACT Scholarships. Friday and Saturday events culminate in an Awards Ceremony where trophies, plaques, medals, and other awards are presented to recognize outstanding work in technical categories and performance areas. Two one act productions are chosen to represent Alabama at the Southeastern Theatre Conference in the spring.
Trumbauer 2021 – December 2-4, 2021 at Troy University – Registration is OPEN
REGISTRATION PORTAL: https://trumbauer.knack.com/trumbauer
TRUMBAUER SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
SEPTEMBER 1 District Registration Opens at 5:00pm https://trumbauer.knack.com/trumbauer
SEPTEMBER 21 Check in Chat Google Meet at 5:30pm – Questions, Concerns, and Socialization
OCTOBER 12 Check in Chat Google Meet at 5:30pm – Questions, Concerns, and Socialization
OCTOBER 20 District Registration Closes at 5:00pm.
NOVEMBER 5 All fees listed on the DISTRICT INVOICE in the registration system are due to the Executive Director. DO NOT HAND DELIVER the check to your District Chair. Mail all payments to P.O. Box 361945, Birmingham, AL 35236-1945. NO REFUNDS are given once registration is confirmed online.
NOVEMBER 6 DISTRICT FESTIVALS
NOVEMBER 10 State Registration Opens at 5:00pm
NOVEMBER 16 Check in Chat Google Meet at 5:30pm – Questions, Concerns, and Socialization
NOVEMBER 17 State Registration Closes at 5:00pm.
NOVEMBER 30 Check in Chat Google Meet at 5:30pm – Questions, Concerns, and Socialization
DECEMBER 1 All fees listed on the STATE INVOICE in the registration system must be RECEIVED by the Executive Director. Mail all payments to P.O. Box 361945, Birmingham, AL 35236-1945. NO REFUNDS are given once registration is confirmed online.
DECEMBER 2-4 TRUMBAUER STATE FESTIVAL, Troy University
DECEMBER 2 High School Directors Meeting, 7:00pm-9:00pm Secondary Directors Meeting, Location TBD
DECEMBER 4 High School Directors Lunch Meeting, 12:00pm-1:00pm, Troy Ballroom
Awards Ceremony, 7:00pm-8:30pm, Troy Coliseum
DISTRICT & STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
- Chair: Chris Carter
- Vice Chair: Terrena Mann
- District Festival: Lee High School
- Schools: Arab, Bob Jones, Buckhorn, Columbia, Faith Covenant School, Grissom, Hazel Green, Huntsville, James Clemens, Jemison, Liberty Middle School, Lee High Creative/Performing Arts, Madison Academy, Madison County, Marshall Christian School, Randolph, Scottsboro, St. John Paul II Catholic, Sparkma
- Chair: Sara-Margaret Cates
- District Festival: Corner High School
- Schools: Agape Academy, Alabama School of Fine Arts, Brookwood, Center Point, Central (Tuscaloosa), Clay-Chalkville, Corner, Essential Academy, Everest, Fultondale, Gardendale, Hewitt-Trussville, Hillcrest, Hoover, Hueytown, Jasper, Jefferson Co Academy of Theatre and Dance, McAdory, Minor, Moody, Mortimer Jordan, Northridge, Oak Grove, Parker (Birmingham), Paul W. Bryant, Pinson Valley, Pleasant Grove, Sumiton Christian, Sylacauga, Tuscaloosa Academy, Tuscaloosa County
- Chair: Wayne Cook
- Vice Chair: Lisa King
- District Festival: Cullman High School
- Schools: Austin, Austin Junior High, Athens, Central (Lauderdale), Colbert Heights, Cullman, Decatur, Decatur Heritage Christian, Discovery Middle, Dora, Florence, Florence Academy of Fine Arts, Hamilton, Hartselle, Lauderdale, Libertas Classical, Community, Mars Hill Bible, Muscle Shoals, Rogers, Russellville, St. Genesis Academy, St. Bernard Prep, Way Home Christian, West Point
- Chair: Revel Gholston
- District Festival: Opelika Arts Center
- Schools: Alabama Christian, Auburn, Beauregard, Benjamin Russell, Booker T. Washington, Brantley, Carver (Montgomery), Central (Phoenix), Charles Henderson, Chilton County, Greenville, Highland Home, Elmore County, Enterprise, Ezekiel Academy, Lanier, Luverne, Marbury, Montgomery Academy, Opelika, Park Crossing, Pike County, Prattville, Saint James, Smiths Station, Springwood, Stanhope Elmore, Success Unlimited, Taylor Road Academy, Trinity Presbyterian, Wetumpka
- Chair: Cheryl Raley
- Vice Chair: Haley Green
- District Festival: Murphy High High School
- Schools: Alma Bryant, Baker, Baldwin County Virtual, Bayshore Christian, Bayside Christian, Blount, Daphne, Eastern Shore Presbyterian, Excel, Fairhope, Florala, Foley, Gulf Shores, Mary G. Montgomery, McGill-Toolen Catholic, Monroe County , Murphy, Orange Beach, Renaissance School of E. Shore, Saint Luke’s Episcopal, St. Michael’s Catholic, Saint Paul’s Episcopal, Satsuma, Slocomb, South Alabama Christian, Spanish Fort, Theodore, Thomasville, UMS-Wright Preparatory, W.P. Davidson
- Chair: Jane Ganey
- Vice Chair: Jefferson Casey
- District Festival : Thompson High School
- Schools: Altamont, Briarwood Christian, Calera, Carver (Birmingham), Chelsea, Evangel Classical Christian, Helena, Homewood, Huffman, Jackson-Olin, John Carroll Catholic, Kingwood Christian, Leeds, Magic City Acceptance Center Academy, Montevallo, Mountain Brook, Mountain Brook Junior, Oak Mountain, Pelham, Pell City , Ramsay, Shelby County, Spain Park, The Westminster Oak Mtn, Thompson, Wennoah, Vestavia Hills
- Chair: Sara Agiro
- Vice Chair: Cody Hayes
- District Festival: JSU
- Schools: Albertville, Alexandria, Anniston, Anniston Christian, Boaz, Cheaha Homeschool, Cherokee County, Cornerstone Christian, Dekalb Co Fine Arts Academy, Donoho, Fort Payne, Gadsden City, Geraldine, Glencoe, Guntersville High School, Hokes Bluff, Jacksonville, Oxford, Pathways Academy, Piedmont, Sacred Heart Catholic, Southside, Weaver, Westbrook Christian
- State Chair: Carl Dean
- State Vice Chair: Megan Garner
- Past State Chair: Meghan Phelps
- Festival Director: Brian Cocke
- Executive Director: Cindy Harper
VIRTUAL TRUMBAUER 2020
- This is a working document, subject to change
SEPTEMBER 15: Registration Opens
LOG IN DIRECTIONS
- Go to https://trumbauer.knack.com/trumbauer
- For the first log in, use your e-mail address and password “123”. Once you log in, you will be be able to change your password to something more secure.
- If you are unable to log in or if you are connected with the wrong school, contact the festival director ASAP.
- You MUST use VALID E-MAIL addresses when entering students, parents, and judges. When you add them into the system, it sends an automatic e-mail to that address with directions of how to access their account and complete their membership information and waivers.
- Enter your students, parents, and judges ASAP. They will receive an e-mail and have to verify their membership information and sign waivers before they can be entered into events or assigned to judge events. They will not show up on your Registration Summary or Invoice until they complete their information and waivers.
- The old paper membership form is integrated in this system and 100% digital. You do not have to get students or chaperones to fill out a paper copy.
- If you entered judges into the Google Form that Carl originally sent out, please RE-ENTER them into this system so they will be linked to your school. We got some great recommendations that we can use, and thank you, but failed to get referral information so don’t know who to connect them to.
- The Video upload system is not quite ready yet. We will send you information with directions when it is ready to go!
NOVEMBER 6: State registration closes online. No refunds given after registration confirmed.
NOVEMBER 14: All Payments are Due.
DECEMBER 5: Trumbauer goes LIVE to all ACT members
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES (This is a working document, subject to change)
2020 FESTIVAL PERSONNEL
SECONDARY FESTIVAL DIRECTOR
SECONDARY STATE CHAIR
- Meghan Phelps
SECONDARY VICE PRESIDENT
- Carl Dean
District 1: Chair Chris Carter Email: email@example.com
District 2: Chair Megan Garner, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
District 3: Chair Wayne Cook Email: email@example.com
District 4: Chair Revel Gholston, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
District 5: Chair Cheryl Raley, Email: email@example.com
District 6: Chair Jesse Tilton, Email: TILTONJ@mtnbrook.k12.al.us
District 7: Chair Cody Hays, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org