ACT SECONDARY SCHOLARSHIP 2016
Deadline for submission: October 7, 2016
1. Minimum requirement to register: Minimum 2.0 GPA and 19 ACT (or equivalent SAT) score.
2. ACTING audition time limit now 60 seconds (instead of 90).
2016 ACT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
The Alabama Conference of Theatre Scholarship is an award presented annually (provided suitable candidates can be found) to a high school senior or community or junior college transfer student at the Trumbauer Festival during the ACT Scholarship Screening Audition. $1000 awards will be presented to six students (usually‚ but not required‚ four performance and two technical/design). The award will be presented to the student upon his or her registering with an accredited undergraduate college or university within Alabama with the intention of majoring in theatre. Other criteria considered are a minimum GPA of 2.5, artistic involvement, and quality of work.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 1, 2016, 6 PM (Auditionees should check in by 5:00 p.m.)
Location: University of North Alabama – Florence, Alabama
For more information:
- The Performance Process
- The process starts with Technical/Design students. Student work will be set up in a room near the auditions. When the audition begins, the students will state their name and number. After that, the judges/college representatives and the students involved adjourn to the Tech/Design room. Students give a 90 second presentation of their material. After that, the judges/college representatives return to the Theatre.
- After the Tech/Design walk thru, the performance auditions begin.
- This is a closed audition. This is not a performance. Only the judges and college representatives are allowed to attend the audition.
- Technical Students are given 90 seconds to present material. Performance students are given 60 seconds. Selection is up to the student. It can be one monologue over the entire time, two contrasting monologues, or a monologue and a song. Whatever format is chosen is limited to 60 seconds.
- One student is asked to take the stage with student #2 waiting in the wings.
- When student #1 finishes, they return to their seat and #3 takes their place in the wings. Once #3 is in place and #1 has sat down, #2 begins. And so forth.
- The timer begins after the name and number of the student has been given. Students are asked to state their name and number prior to beginning, and again prior to leaving the stage. Time is called if the 60 second limit is reached.
- A five minute break is placed between 15 and 20 students to allow movement in and out of the room and to allow for a drink/restroom visit by the judges.
- Once the auditions are complete, the students are excused while the colleges compile their callback lists. The lists are delivered to the person conducting the session.
- Call back lists are posted in a common area outside of the audition room once all lists are collected. Students are then able to visit with specific colleges at the College Fair.
SETC Scholarships 2016
Please visit setc.org for more information/deadlines and also the college/university section of this website. SETC screening auditions for college/university will be held October 28 & 29 at UAB.